12th October 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D and B.Ed simultaneously? What is the eligibility criteria required for it?

Respected Sir/Mam,

I am a registered candidate for PhD. I have not submitted my thesis till now. I am a school teacher also. So it would be required now to complete Bed degree. I get chance to do Bed in deputation. Can I continue the two degree simultaneously?

12th October 2016, 09:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D and B.Ed simultaneously? What is the eligibility criteria required for it?

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue both of the degrees at the same time as this process is not a legal one.
Candidates must have to pursue a particular degree course at a particular time. After the completion of the one, they can pursue the another one. But cannot pursue both the courses at the same time.

13th October 2016, 12:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D and B.Ed simultaneously? What is the eligibility criteria required for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

I am a registered candidate for PhD. I have not submitted my thesis till now. I am a school teacher also. So it would be required now to complete Bed degree. I get chance to do Bed in deputation. Can I continue the two degree simultaneously?
You can't do two degree simultaneously.

If your one degree is distance mode then you are eligible to do two course simultaneously.

13th October 2016, 01:59 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much pursue PhD and B.Ed course simultaneously, there is no such problem in it, as far as you can manage time and regularity of the classes, you can very much opt for it, there is no issue.

PhD eligibility;

> Candidate should have completed their Masters degree from a recognized university having scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

B.Ed eligibility;

> Candidate should have completed their graduation degree from a recognized university and should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

In either of the cases, you will have to appear for an entrance test either conducted by the prospective Institute or by the respective state and only after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to get admission in the course.

23rd August 2019, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I registered for Ph.D in 2012 and continued till Dec, 2013. After that I jouned as a school teacher and at the same time I also continued my research work without taking any fellowship. In the meanwhile I enrolled myself for B.Ed as a regular candidate in an another university and passed the same in July, 2018. I submitted my thesis in August, 2018 and was awarded Ph.D in July, 2019. Can it create any problem with my Ph.D?Am I eligible to show my Ph.D while joining as a college/university teacher?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?