26th April 2015, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to get admission to study PhD in Library and Information Science?

Sir,
I want to do PhD in Library and Information Science.
Can you please tell me about the procedure for admission?
And also about the eligibility criteria?
Please guide me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. PhD admission for Library Information Science?
  2. List of institutes with fee structure which offer PhD in Library Science through Distance Education? Detailed procedure of admission?
  3. Procedure to do PhD in Library and Information science at Kurukshetra University?
  4. Universities offering Ph.d in library and information science and procedure of admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Names of the universities offering Ph.D? I am interested in doing Ph.D in library and information science
  6. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to study PhD in ICAR for M.Sc(Agriculture) candidate?
  7. How to pursue M.Lib and information science from IGNOU with 57%? I would like to do Ph.D in library science
  8. Detailed information about PET for Library & Information Science postgraduate?
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in Home Science for M.A. postgraduate of Delhi University? How much stipend is offered to PhD candidate of Delhi University?
  10. Procedure to get admission for M.Phil in Library Science? List of Universities offering this course in Distance Learning?
  11. What is the procedure to follow to take admission for Ph.D in Computer Science?
  12. Scholarship to study M.Phil/PhD for ST student?
  13. Can I pursue Ph.d in Library Science after securing 60% in Master of Library Science?
  14. List of colleges which offer Bachelor of Library Science across India? Procedure to appear in entrance exam?
  15. What can I do to study library and information science at diploma level? I am a holder of a certificate in records and information science
  16. Study material for UGC NET Library Science
  17. Course detail and fee for Bachelor of Library Science? Eligibility for the same?
  18. Eligibility to study PhD in Forensic Science for M.Sc(Nursing) candidate? List of institutes in Maharashtra?
29th April 2015, 09:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to get admission to study PhD in Library and Information Science?

First of all you must have a Master's degree in Library sciences with at least 55% marks from a recognized University if you are aiming for admission in Ph.D program. You can avail relaxation of 5% marks if you belong to reserved category. If possible try to clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF because most of the top universities prefer candidates with these scores for Ph.D intake. If you are not able to qualify any of these exams then you have to appear for other entrance exam which are mostly conducted on University level like CUCET, PET, etc. You have to perform well in the entrance exam and interview to get admission in a top university.

You have to apply on a prescribed application format with all the documents related to your qualification. You also have to attend an interview after the first stage of entrance exam or NET/SLET/GATE/JRF score evaluation. Interview is a main stage and it is conducted by the Institute and if you perform well then you will be selected for the program. The you will be enrolled into the program and you have to start your work on a unique research work related to your field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?