14th February 2018, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission for Ph.D in 2018 without masters degree?

I am a professional I want to do PhD but didn't do the master degree. How to get admission in PhD without masters on the basis of Professional Degree? Can someone please guide me with the needed details on the same? Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

26th February 2018, 12:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for Ph.D in 2018 without masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a professional I want to do PhD but didn't do the master degree. How to get admission in PhD without masters on the basis of Professional Degree? Can someone please guide me with the needed details on the same? Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission for PhD in 2018 without a master’s degree. As per the UGC guideline eligibility to study PhD is a master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks from any recognized university. Candidates have to clear the PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the admission. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE are exempted from the PhD Entrance Test. Therefore, it is not possible to get admission for PhD without a master’s degree.
26th February 2018, 06:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got qualification like B.Tech, MBBS, etc, then only you will be eligible for Ph.D admission without any master degree. Otherwise, it will not be possible.

Hence, apply for admission according to the qualification. Admission is based on merit through written exam and interview.
26th February 2018, 08:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible, but incredibly difficult. Some IITs admit students for a direct P.hD. The criteria is different from different institutes and often not well defined.

IIT Delhi for example takes students directly for P.hD after graduation if they are from a good college. You also need to clear a tough written exam conducted by the institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?