3rd June 2016, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

SC candidate having 54% in Master's degree can do PhD in English?

Well actually i would like to do PhD in English. So, please tell me that whether i am eligible to do PhD in the subject of English? I am SC candidate having 54%.

4th June 2016, 09:52 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: SC candidate having 54% in Master's degree can do PhD in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i would like to do PhD in English. So, please tell me that whether i am eligible to do PhD in the subject of English? I am SC candidate having 54%.

Yes, SC candidate having 54% marks in Master’s Degree in English can do PhD in the same subject. The eligibility to do PhD is a pass in Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for a PhD Entrance Test and interview for the admission. You can contact the university English department for the availability of guides and other details. The course is available in various universities in India like
Amity University - Official Website
Madras University - Official Website
IGNOU - Official Website
Lovely Professional University - Official Website
5th June 2016, 10:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: SC candidate having 54% in Master's degree can do PhD in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed an M.A in English with 54% marks, so you are eligible for Ph.D course. Because you are a SC candidates.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?