11th December 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Scope of Forestry JRF? Can I get a Government job?

hello sir/mam i'm student of b.sc foresttry 3rd year,so please tell me what is the scope of m.sc forestryin jrf and also tell that m.sc forestry in jrf,,,can i got a goverment job?

21st December 2013, 08:59 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Scope of Forestry JRF? Can I get a Government job?

Forest is the factory of most of the essential products that we require for a smooth running and healthy life. So we manage, use and conserve forests and its associated resources in a sustainable manner which is the primary objective in Forestry profession.

Other than that there is an utter need to meet the demand and necessities of current growing population and at the same time it is needed to maintain environmental stability and restoring the ecological balance which has been greatly damaged by the dwindling covered area due to overpopulation, farming and environmental factors.

Its a wise choice to go for Forestry sector as there are many factors that need to be settled to built a better environment for ourselves. After completing your post graduation if you are applying for Junior Research Fellowship conducted by CSIR you can pursue higher education such as Master in Philosophy or Ph.D from any reputed University and also can avail the scholarship money that will be awarded to you.

You can find employment opportunities in the Ministry of Environment and Forestry. If you desire to switch to any private company then you can find yourself welcomed to the top positions in timber and plywood companies.

You can also prefer to be a scientists and work in Research labs. Otherwise you can also continue your research work while simultaneously taking up any teaching job in the educational sector.

Other than that you can also get employed as Entomologists, Silviculturists, Zoo curators, Forest range officers etc.

Speaking of the salary it will vary according to the profession you opt for. Salary packages in government departments are fixed by the respective government organisation. The salary will range between Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000 per month.

In comparison to the Government job offerings international agencies or media houses provide higher remurnative packages for their employees. In addition to this, if you works as a consultant or as wildlife and forestry expert you can enjoy lucrative salary packages. With expertise and familiarity in the field, you will be able to earn more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?