9th February 2021, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for pursuing a PhD(Statistics) in University of Hyderabad? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Sir, I want to get admission in University of Hyderabad for pursuing a PhD in the specialization of Statistics. I want to know if I should appear in UGC-NET to get admission? If yes, then what would be the cutoff score for securing admission?

11th February 2021, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for pursuing a PhD(Statistics) in University of Hyderabad? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to get admission in University of Hyderabad for pursuing a PhD in the specialization of Statistics. I want to know if I should appear in UGC-NET to get admission? If yes, then what would be the cutoff score for securing admission?
Yes, UGC NET score card is essential for Ph.D course in Statistics in Hyderabad University.

There are no specific cutoff marks to get admission in Ph.D course.

The educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized University with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

There are no age criteria for UGC NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
12th February 2021, 12:58 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for pursuing a PhD(Statistics) in University of Hyderabad? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

It is not compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for pursuing a PhD(Statistics) in University of Hyderabad.

Applicant can also get admission through entrance exam conducted by university followed by interview.

Applicant must have completed master degree in relevant subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% from recognized university to get admission.
12th February 2021, 10:02 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

It is not necessary to appear in UGC-NET to study a PhD in Statistics at University of Hyderabad. Admission selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in the written test followed by an interview which is conducted by the university. The cutoff marks depend on the number of candidates appearing for the test.

The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate for General category and for SC/ST candidates it is 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.uohyd.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?