1st January 2017, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum eligbility criteria required for doing Ph.D?

What is the minimum eligbility criteria required for doing Ph.D? It will be helpful if you can provide me the complete information soon. I really wanted to know the Ph.D but I am not sure if I can apply or not. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

2nd January 2017, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the minimum eligbility criteria required for doing Ph.D?

I have completed btech having mechanical engineering but i need to continue my study what courses i should study regarding my field or off the field which can influence me in the growing market more valuable
2nd January 2017, 02:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum eligbility criteria required for doing Ph.D? It will be helpful if you can provide me the complete information soon. I really wanted to know the Ph.D but I am not sure if I can apply or not. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Those students who want to pursue PhD should have a Master’s Degree in the same subject or an allied subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. The applicant should attend the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview conducted by the university for the admission. Those who have qualified NET/SET/GATE examinations in the concerned subject shall be exempted from the PhD Entrance Test but they have to appear for the interview for the admission. These are the minimum eligibility criteria required for pursuing PhD.
2nd January 2017, 04:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Eligibility Criteria Required to do Ph.D Program:

There is a certain minimum eligibility criteria that is to be met in order to be eligible for doing this Ph.D program. The minimum educational qualification required to do Ph.D is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in the concerned stream from a recognized university/ institute.

Most of the colleges/ institutes consider this NET (National Eligibility Test) Examination that is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. The minimum percentage that is required in order to be eligible for appearing in UGC NET Examination is 55% marks without rounding off in Master's Degree.

Click here for More Details
2nd January 2017, 10:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the required eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree course from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
2nd January 2017, 11:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria for Ph.D :-

You have to complete masters degree with 55% marks to become eligible for PhD admission.

Those who qualify NET / SET/ Gate have a great chance of getting admission in a reputed University. Admission is based on the written exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?