6th January 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification/eligibility criteria required to apply for SET exam?

Is there any reservation for obc student and phd student in set exam?

7th January 2015, 07:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification/eligibility criteria required to apply for SET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any reservation for obc student and phd student in set exam?

SET exam is not conducted for Ph.D course. It is conducted for lectureship post in government college of state. So if you have fulfilled below given criteria then you are eligible for SET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for lectureship post.
7th January 2015, 11:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification/eligibility criteria required to apply for SET exam?

For SET you need only a Master's Degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University. If you belong to reserved category like SC/ST, OBC and Physically handicapped then you need only 50% marks in your Master's degree.

You will get relaxation in age if you want to apply for Junior Research Fellowships. There is an upper age limit of 28 years for JRF. If you belong to OBC category then you can avail 3 years of age relaxation.

After qualifying SET you will be eligible for Lecturer post in Government colleges and also for JRF if you fulfill the age criteria.
15th May 2017, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I have done my PG diploma in women's studies from Pune university. Am I eligible for set/net exam?
2nd March 2018, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MA In Education with 55% marks. I have passed Bed. Originally I completed Post Graduate in English. In Graduation I had not read Education. Could I appear in NET or SET? OK
18th August 2019, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech Structure Student Need to Appear NET/ SET Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?