28th October 2022, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the relevant subject code to choose while applying for CSIR-UGC NET for M.Sc Environmental Science?

Hello Everyone! I have completed M.Sc Environmental Science. I want to apply for JRF/LS. Which paper should I choose while applying for CSIR-UGC NET?

1) Life Sciences
2) Mathematical Sciences
3) Chemical Sciences
4) Physical Sciences

Kindly help me. I need to apply at the earliest.

Thanks and regards,

Nomita

31st October 2022, 12:58 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the relevant subject code to choose while applying for CSIR-UGC NET for M.Sc Environmental Science?

After completing your MSc in Environmental Science you can apply for CSIR UGC NET Earth Science. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks from a recognized board. The subject code is given below.

1. Chemical Sciences - 701
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences - 702
3. Life Sciences - 703
4. Mathematical Sciences - 704
5. Physical Sciences - 705
2nd November 2022, 03:30 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the relevant subject code to choose while applying for CSIR-UGC NET for M.Sc Environmental Science?

For Life science
The candidate are required to have degree in life science only.

For mathematical science
Aspirants are required to have valid degree in MSc /BS-MS / BS /B.tech or any other equivalent study for mathematics to fulfill the CSIR eligibility conditions for maths.

For chemical science
Must have valid MSc /BS/B.tech or equivalent qualification in chemistry with required percentage

For physical science
Must have valid degree of MSc physics, BS-MS in physics or any related degree passed within the required percentage.

Those who meet the requisites set up by the exam conducting authority are eligible to give CSIR UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?