28th October 2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Whether eligible for the Lecturership through UGC NET exam?

I have completed MCA with 57.72% from IGNOU after completion of B.Sc.(2 year pass course) with 44.77% from Vidyasagar University, WB. So, am I eligible for the Lecturership through UGC NET exam...?

29th October 2022, 11:53 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether eligible for the Lecturership through UGC NET exam?

For getting in to top Indian universities , the candidate is required to have cleared UGC NET exam.
It's mandatory to have Masters degree in any stream with 55% marks.
The candidates are required to pass NET and SLAT.
PhD is necessary for the post of professor and for teaching in Central universities.
For Assistant professor post, PhD is not necessary
30th October 2022, 09:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether eligible for the Lecturership through UGC NET exam?

The minimum education required for appearing in the UGC NET is a Master's degree in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognized university. Candidates can appear in the same examination while pursuing their Master's degree course as well. Also, there is no upper age limit for appearing in the same examination for Assistant professor i.e; lectureship.

So, having completed your Master's degree with 57.72% marks, you are certainly eligible to appear in the UGC NET with the optional subject of Computer Science and Application as marks in any academic degree other than a Master's degree do not matter as far the eligibility for UGC NET is concerned.

For more details and updates regarding the UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?