29th October 2015, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Compute Science after completion of B.tech Electronics and Instrumentation?

I am B.tech(Electronics & Instrumentation). Can i do M.tech(Computer Science)?. I checked eligbility criteria in many college websites. Its shows i am eligible. But if i do M.tech in Computer Science, what about my career growth in IT industry? Or in future will i be eligible for Teaching profession?

30th October 2015, 08:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Compute Science after completion of B.tech Electronics and Instrumentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am B.tech(Electronics & Instrumentation). Can i do M.tech(Computer Science)?. I checked eligbility criteria in many college websites. Its shows i am eligible. But if i do M.tech in Computer Science, what about my career growth in IT industry? Or in future will i be eligible for Teaching profession?
Yes, you can do M.Tech in Compute Science after completion of B.tech(Electronics & Instrumentation) but you should qualify in GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
30th October 2015, 08:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Compute Science after completion of B.tech Electronics and Instrumentation?

Yes, for CSE you are definitely eligible without any doubt. You can get admission through GATE or any other entrance exam of state level. After completion of M.Tech you will definitely be eligible for teaching jobs in colleges.

In IT industry also you can go without any doubt. Mostly, post graduates are hired for research and development projects. Hence, don't worry and be prepared for entrance exams.
31st October 2015, 12:58 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes you are eligible to do M.Tech in Computer Science with your B.Tech degree.

Some of the colleges required 55% marks for the admission.

The duration of the course is 2 years.

After the course you can work as System Administrator, Computer Programmer, Database Administrator,
IT Administrator, Teaching Faculty etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?