23rd January 2022, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for SET NET exam?

Hello, I have done my graduation in science, Post graduation in Literature. I have also done my Masters in Education and have 18 years teaching experience. Am I eligible for SET NET exam?

24th January 2022, 06:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET NET exam?

Eligibility criteria for SET NET exam:-

Candidates securing at least 55% marks in their master's degree or equivalent from a recognised University in Humanities, Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible to appear for the UGC NET exam conducted by NTA.

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
24th January 2022, 07:27 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for that exam.
The basic eligibility for SET NET exam is that:-

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in any field are eligible for this Test.

There is no specific age limit to register for SET NET exam.
24th January 2022, 10:28 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for SET NET exam is,you must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

So,Yes you are eligible for SET NET exam.
25th January 2022, 07:37 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Before filling the UGC NET Application form candidate must check the eligibility criteria including educational qualification age limit, relaxation and exemption:

>Candidate do not have to send any certificate documents to the national testing agency in support of their eligibility.

>NTA does not verify the details provided by the candidate in the application form and has their candidates will be purely provisional subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.

>However if NTA or UGC detect any ineligibility at any stage the candidate will be cancelled and legal action may be taken against the candidate.

Educational qualifications required:-

>Candidates appearing at least 55% marks in their master degree or equivalent from a recognised University in Humanities, social science ,computer science and applications, electronic science are eligible to appear for UGC NET exam conducted by NTA.

>Candidate who are pursuing their master degree or are waiting for the result of whose qualifying examination have been delayed can apply for the test. However such candidate will be admitted provisionally and will be considered for a award of JRF recruitment as assistant professor only when they will pass their master degree with at least 55% marks.

Age limit and relaxation:-
UGC NET age limit and relaxation for Junior research fellowship and assistant professor ship are:
>Junior research fellowship Candidate should not be more than 31 years

>Candidates belonging to OBC and SC, ST ,PWD categories transgenders and women applicants are provided with a relaxation up to 5 years.

>Candidate with research experience will also so be provided with Age relaxation equivalent to years/ period spent on research in respective subject or post graduation degree
30th January 2022, 12:32 PM
Singhskomal

SET ( state eligibility test)
NET ( National eligibility test)
Postgraduate with minimum 55% for general candidates.
SC/ ST 45 % for reserve candidates. From recognised University.
NET and SET exam are for entrance exam for lectureship.
NET and SET qualified candidates can appear for ph.d (doctors in philosophy) also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?