18th February 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Can a final year student with backlogs pending apply for the CAT entrance examination?

Hi,

My name is anu and I am having backlogs pending in my final year. I want to appear for the CAT entrance examination. So tell me if i can be eligible for the CAT with backlogs pending in my final year?

Please help me out

18th February 2016, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a final year student with backlogs pending apply for the CAT entrance examination?

Final year degree students are eligible for CAT but they need to make sure that they pass the exams on time. With pending backlogs you will not be able to get admission even if you clear it with excellent score.

Therefore, make sure you have degree before admission because it is the basic requirement and merely CAT score is not enough for admission.

18th February 2016, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a final year student with backlogs pending apply for the CAT entrance examination?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CAT examination being a final year student even if you have pending backlogs. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised university or those who are appearing in final year of Bachelor's degree course are eligible to apply for CAT examination. So, being a final year student, even if you have pending backlogs, you are eligible to appear in CAT examination.

18th February 2016, 09:19 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a final year student with backlogs pending can apply for the CAT entrance examination provided that they have to complete his/her degree before interview. Also candidate have to pass all the subjects before interview.

There is no age limit.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation from any recognised university.

18th February 2016, 11:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

My name is anu and I am having backlogs pending in my final year. I want to appear for the CAT entrance examination. So tell me if i can be eligible for the CAT with backlogs pending in my final year?

Please help me out
No, you are not eligible CAT entrance exam because you have pending backlog.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?