29th June 2022, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I avail ICMR -JRF while pursuing MPhil? Fellowships available for MPhil in Life Sciences?

Kindly tell me if I can avail ICMR -JRF while pursuing MPhil? Besides, please let me know fellowships available for MPhil in Life Sciences. Thank you

20th May 2023, 05:47 AM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Can I avail ICMR -JRF while pursuing MPhil? Fellowships available for MPhil in Life Sciences?

Yes, you can avail the ICMR-JRF while pursuing MPhil. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) offers a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme to eligible students pursuing MPhil in Life Sciences. The JRF is a fully funded fellowship that provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
To be eligible for the ICMR-JRF, you must have a minimum of 50% marks in your Master's degree in Life Sciences. You must also have a valid score in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
The ICMR-JRF is a highly competitive fellowship, and only a limited number of fellowships are awarded each year. If you are interested in applying for the ICMR-JRF, you can find more information on the ICMR website.
Here are some other fellowships that are available for MPhil in Life Sciences:
  • CSIR-UGC NET-JRF Fellowship: This fellowship is offered by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The fellowship provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
  • DBT-JRF Fellowship: This fellowship is offered by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT). The fellowship provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
  • DAE-JRF Fellowship: This fellowship is offered by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). The fellowship provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
  • INSA-Senior Research Fellowship: This fellowship is offered by the Indian National Science Academy (INSA). The fellowship provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
  • Wellcome Trust-DBT India Alliance Fellowship: This fellowship is offered by the Wellcome Trust and the DBT. The fellowship provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and a book grant.
22nd May 2023, 06:38 AM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Can I avail ICMR -JRF while pursuing MPhil? Fellowships available for MPhil in Life Sciences?

Yes, you can avail ICMR-JRF while pursuing MPhil. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) offers a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to meritorious students pursuing MPhil in Life Sciences. The JRF is a fully-funded fellowship that provides a monthly stipend, contingency grant, and travel allowance.

To be eligible for the ICMR-JRF, you must have a Master's degree in Life Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks. You must also have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Life Sciences.
The ICMR-JRF is a highly competitive fellowship, and the application process is very rigorous. However, if you are a bright student with a strong academic record, you should definitely consider applying for the ICMR-JRF.
Here are some other fellowships available for MPhil in Life Sciences:
  • CSIR-UGC NET-JRF
  • DBT-JRF
  • DAE-JRF
  • DST-INSPIRE Fellowship
  • TIFR-Nambi Narayan Fellowship
  • Wellcome Trust India Alliance (WTI) PhD Fellowships
  • Tata Trusts Postdoctoral Fellowships
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?