10th November 2018, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in PSU if studying ME in Power System Engineering?

Hi everyone, I am doing ME course in Power System Engineering from Merchant Engineering College, Mehsana. I would like to know that what are my chances to work in any PSU. I want to gain job in PSU after my ME so tell me I can get job in PSU or not.

6th March 2023, 05:56 PM
4700BC

Default Re: Can I get job in PSU if studying ME in Power System Engineering?

Yes, you have good chances of getting a job in a PSU after completing your ME in Power System Engineering. Here are some details:
  • PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking, which are government-owned corporations or companies in India. Some of the popular PSUs that recruit engineers in Power System Engineering include Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), NTPC Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), etc.
  • To get a job in a PSU, you need to appear for the recruitment exams conducted by these companies. Generally, they conduct GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) or their own recruitment exams.
  • You can apply for the PSU jobs through their official websites or the job portals such as Naukri, Monster, etc.
  • Some of the common roles for Power System Engineers in PSUs include Executive Trainee, Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer, etc.
  • The salary packages offered in PSUs are generally competitive and come with benefits like medical insurance, provident fund, pension, etc.
  • Apart from PSUs, you can also explore job opportunities in private companies such as Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric, etc.

However, getting a job in a PSU can be highly competitive, and you need to prepare well for the recruitment exams. It is advisable to stay updated about the recruitment notifications and prepare accordingly. Good luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?