29th December 2016, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Sc/MA after B.Sc in geography?

Sir, I am a student and I want to know that I've studied B.Sc (G). My subject geography, economics, history. So, I want M.Sc/MA degree. My study possible? I am waiting for response. Thanks.

30th December 2016, 02:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Sc/MA after B.Sc in geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a student and I want to know that I've studied B.Sc (G). My subject geography, economics, history. So, I want M.Sc/MA degree. My study possible? I am waiting for response. Thanks.

You can study M.Sc Geography after completion of B.Sc in Geography course. The candidates should have passed BA Geography or B.Sc Geography with 50% marks, are eligible for the M.Sc Geography course. The admission to the M.Sc Geography will be done through an entrance examination in some universities. The candidates after the course can work as Geography Professor, Subject Matter Expert, Management Trainee, Geographic Technician, Geo Analyst Trainee etc. The course is available in various universities in India.
30th December 2016, 04:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to pursue M.Sc/M.A in Geography after completing B.Sc in Geography. Candidates who are interested to pursue M.Sc Geography should have completed B.Sc Geography/B.A Geography from a recognized college/university. And the candidates who wants to pursue M.A Geography should have completed their graduation in Geography Hons or have studied Geography as one of the subject from a recognized college/university.
30th December 2016, 07:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of B.Sc in Geography, you are eligible for M.Sc/ M.A course in Geography.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in geography from a recognized University are eligible for M.A/ M.Sc course in Geography.

Your minimum age should be above 17 years.
30th December 2016, 07:41 PM
ranu shahi

According to me you will go with your current subject. If you are completing your bachelors degree with geography then you should go with that and complete your masters degree with geography also. Because if you will change your subject then you will be unable to understand that and you will have to face various problems in understanding that.
31st December 2016, 12:32 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can study M.Sc/MA after the completion of B.Sc in Geography.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc in Geography from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the above mentioned courses.
31st December 2016, 12:46 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
It is always recommended after completing the B.Sc in Geography Hons then you can go for the higher studies by doing the M.Sc in the Geography course. You need to score at least 50% of marks to get admission in M.Sc in Geography through reputed universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?