19th January 2014, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Duration of M.Sc and M.Sc (hons) are same? Difference among both?

I want to ask that wht is the time duration of simple MSc and MSc(hons)? Are they same or not? difference between MSc and MSc(hons)

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between simple MSc and MSc Hons? What is the exact procedure to take admission in DU? I want to do MSc in Zoology
  2. Difference between MSc after BSc and Integrated MSc?
  3. What to do MCA or M.Sc IT? Difference between both the courses? Benefits of M.Sc IT upon MCA?
  4. Difference between MSc IT and MCA? What should I opt between MSc IT and MCA?
  5. How to do MSc in Anatomy? Where can I do MSc Anatomy? What is the duration?
  6. Which are the government jobs suitable for me after MSc Hons Chemistry?
  7. What are the job prospects after MSc in Zoology or MSc in Biochemistry
  8. Difference between MSc after BSc and Integrated MSc?
  9. Can I get admission in MSc Biotechnology after doing BSc in Zoology Hons
  10. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course?
  11. Is there any difference between MCA and MSc?
  12. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Difference between M.Sc(Biotechnology) and M.Sc(Clinical research)?
  14. Any chance of getting MSc Hons dual course or MSc Tech in any campus in 2nd counseling after scoring 275 score in BITSAT?
  15. Difference between MSc Botany and MSc Bio Informatics? What are the jobs that I can get in abroad after MSc in Bioinformatics?
  16. Will I get MSc Hons in BITS Goa or Hyderabad Goa after scoring 269 in BITSAT?
  17. Which are the different PG Masters Degree Courses Offered by Different Agriculture Universities in India? Which are the entrance exams?
  18. Am I eligible for MSc Fashion Designing after pursuing B.Com(Hons) from PU?
4th March 2014, 07:10 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Duration of M.Sc and M.Sc (hons) are same? Difference among both?

Both M.Sc and M.Sc Hons are of about 2 years duration.Candidates can easily achieve M.Sc normal degree easily,where as M.Sc Hons is not like that.You can not obtain M.Sc Hons easily as you get M.Sc Degree.M.Sc Hons degree is superior to M.Sc normal degree.As far as the standard is also concerned M.Sc Hons is very good standard one than normal M.Sc degree.

There are various streams in M.Sc course such as M.Sc(Hons) Chemistry,M.Sc(Hons) Biological sciences,M.Sc(Hons) Economics,M.Sc(Hons) Physics,M.Sc(Finance),M.Sc(Mathematics) and more.The candidates with 10+2+3 background with B.Sc degree,can be admitted on advanced standard basis require 2 or 3 years to finish the programme.The candidates from M.Sc General can apply for the various fields such as,Marketing,research,teaching,business,nurses,bio logists,Psychologists,lawers,teaching field,chemists,nursing and more.

Where as the candidates from M.Sc honours can apply for the various posts ,even the candidates from honours can be employed and put in under the research field even.There are various streams in M.Sc Hons such as in Computer science,statistics,botany,Microbiology,Physics,Che mistry,Zoology,M.Sc hons in Mathematics,Masters of Computer Applications and Masters in Business Administration and more.You may find only the standard between the courses of M.Sc Hons and M.Sc general degree.
23rd July 2014, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

I hav done bsc pass course .whats d difference between msc and msc hons. In organic chemistry
13th March 2017, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

What are differences between MSc.physics (hons) and MSc.physics
21st March 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I have done MSc in microbiology but I want to do specialization in clinical microbiology or food microbiology.
20th June 2019, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.Sc Normal with chemistry botany and Zoology and now I want to do Masters in chemistry. But I m confused if I should go for M.Sc chemistry or I should opt M.S(hons) Chemistry. What is the difference between these two courses? And which course have more value if I want to do Net Jrf in future?
29th September 2022, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

I have done BS hons Human nutrition and dietitics and now agriculture university is providing program for post graduate level as MSc hons Human nutrition and dietitics...actually I want to ask is MSC hons is 18 year education or 16 year ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?