20th February 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation and post graduation to opt for becoming IAS officer?

I want to become an IAS officer. I need to know which line do we have to take after 10? Mec? Or mpc? Pls someone help me out. N do we have to do post graduation for it? I really need this information soon to get clarified as I am not able to get it from others. Hope I will get a answer soon to plan and execute. Thank you.

24th February 2015, 11:14 PM
vickyhansi

Default Re: Which graduation and post graduation to opt for becoming IAS officer?

You can become IAS officer after graduation through civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC. You can take any stream after 10th standard to give IAS exam. No post graduation is required for IAS exam.

IAS exam eligibility:-

You must have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

You must be Indian citizen.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

IAS exam pattern:-

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview

Preliminary exam consist two papers, general studies and an optional subject.There will be questions for 150 marks from general section and 300 marks from optional subject.

Main examination is of descriptive type. It consists of nine papers. Time duration for each paper is three hours.

For more information visit www.upsc.gov.in
26th February 2015, 09:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation and post graduation to opt for becoming IAS officer?

Post graduation degree doesn't require for IAS officer exam.

IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Optional subject for IAS exam:-

Mains subject for IAS exam:-

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?