16th February 2016, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Which has more value among - M.Phil or NET qualification?

I have completed my bsc with 64% marks. Now i am doing M.Sc. maths. I am confused about the next step as i am interested in both M.Phil as well as NET. So kindly guide me that which has more value in present scenario?

17th February 2016, 03:52 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which has more value among - M.Phil or NET qualification?

It is best for you to go for NET as it is NET that will help you get the job of Lecturer.
If you are interested in doing a job it is best for you to go for the course of NET.
If you are also looking a for a PhD Degree then you can do so without doing the M.Phil and appearing for the NET Examination.
This is the best thing for you to do now as it will be beneficial for you in the long run.
17th February 2016, 08:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you can qualify NET then no need to go for M.Phil because you have good chance of Ph.D admission on the basis of NET score in reputed university.

M.Phil is mostly opted by those candidates who don't qualify NET and have interest in doing Ph.D programme. Therefore, if your aim is Ph.D then you can opt according to situation because M.Phil will also increase your chance of getting admission in Ph.D without entrance exam.
17th February 2016, 10:30 PM
kantraman

Actually NET has greater value as compared to M.phil because if you want to become Assistant Professor in college then without NET we can not think about this type of job.If one has completed their M.Phil before 1991 then he can directly appear in the commission used for recruitment of Assistant Professor in college.But without NET we can appear in the commission used for the recruitment of Assistant Professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?