16th February 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

How to do PhD after post graduation in Commerce?

Sir,
plz advise us how to do phd course after post graduation in commerce through net or otherwise and time duration required?

Regards

rohit tandon

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  2. Formalities to apply for PhD in Commerce? Which all subjects are available for Commerce student?
  3. Process to get admission for Ph.D course?
  4. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  5. Best institutes for post graduation or PhD in abroad?
  6. Is it possible to do ph.d after MCA ?
  7. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  8. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I do B.Ed on the basis of graduation?
  10. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com?
  11. Details regarding private and Government B.Ed Colleges near Kolkata?
  12. Procedure and date of application for PhD in Commerce?
  13. Can I do Phd without 55% in Post Graduation?
  14. How may I get details about Ph.D and Ph.D subjects in Commerce? I've completed M.Phil in commerce
  15. Which course should I opt for between Ph.D in Management and Ph.D in Commerce being a candidate of MBA in Finance and HR?
  16. Details on how to join M.Phil in commerce and Ph.D in Commerce? What is the name of the entrance for M.Phil in Commerce or Ph.D in Commerce? Percentage of marks required to join the course?
  17. Post graduation in Design is possible after graduating in Commerce? When is the NIFT entrance?
  18. Which course should I choose for my post graduation degree? I have done graduation in commerce and one year PGDBM in general
6th March 2014, 08:12 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do PhD after post graduation in Commerce?

As you have post graduation qualification in commerce stream you no need to worry at all.Because to go for the Ph.D course you must have a minimum of post graduation.As you have already masters undoubtedly you may apply for the PhD course.For this to be eligible you must need to write N.E.T (National Eligibility Test) entrance exam which is of All India National wide examination.And this NET Examination is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission).

So you must have minimum of 55% of marks in your qualifying examination.To be eligible for doing your PhD,you must definitely qualify the NET Examination.You may select the main topics as Marketing,Accounting,Finance,Research,Human Resources,Management and more.Basically this PHD course is of minimum of 2 years duration.

The candidates with the M.Phil as their educational qualification you can also apply for the Ph.D commerce course.For general candidates 55% of marks and for reserved 50% in academics are necessary.Remember the qualifying degree must be obtained from a recognized university.You may be send to the research areas,where while writing projects you must definitely state what is the problem,and its objective,methodology,data analysis,hypothesis,sampling design and more.So as you are with the masters degree qualification you must first write the national level entrance exam.Based on that you will be getting admission in PhD course.
4th September 2015, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am applying for m.com part 2, and i cleared part 1 with 49.75%. So can I opt for ph.d and net exam.

Kindly advice me.

Thanks for the help in advance.
5th August 2019, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for Phd admission as i have done M.phil. and please also guide how can i apply for Phd.
How can i get scholarship?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?