7th February 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Mass Communication will be beneficial after B.Tech?

shivani
as i'm doing b.tech from it dept so will it b beneficial for doing my post graduation in mass com??i'm quite interested in this field but never got the chance.pls help me out...

11th February 2014, 08:15 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Mass Communication will be beneficial after B.Tech?

Yes,You can go for the Mass communication after completion of your B.Tech.If you really interested in pursuing this field,then it will be beneficial to you very much.For doing a PG Course in mass communication,you need to have the following eligibility requirements.So the minimum basic educational qualification is a Bachelor Degree.You need not worry,as you have already completed B.Tech degree.

After your B.Tech,you can write entrance tests for getting admission in to the Post Graduation.So for that you will need to qualify the examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Managements.And based on the score you will be given one of the various streams.So you need to choose the Mass communication stream at that time.You must have the following qualities.

You must have a good communication and must be completely confident.You must be in a position to write and present correctly.You need to have an inquisitive mind.You must show interest towards the current affairs,you need to update yourself about the General current knowledge to get succeed in your career.

You can find the job opportunities in the new channels such as BBC,Discovery channel,CNN,NDTV news channels.Other than those fields you may get a good career in the newspapers also.So you can work in the The Indian Express,The Economic Times,The Times of India,The Hindu and more.
11th March 2014, 10:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Mass communication is a completely different field from engineering. The skills and talents required in the field of mass communication is completely different from that of engineering field. So you need to think properly and analyze your qualities before switching to the new field. This is a crucial decision since it will change your path of career and scope of job opportunities.

You can definitely go for Mass Communication and if you excel in this field, then it will be highly beneficial for you as it also offers lucrative career options. Even some career options are rare to get in the engineering field. SO think properly and take decision wisely.
19th May 2015, 08:07 PM
kavitagopani

Mass communication is a field where one has the confident to speak up properly and write creatively. This field demands great confidence and skills in speaking and writing.
This field is different from engineering. So here you will have to learn everything from beginning. If you have such interest and courage to learn then it is a good field.
It is surely a very good field for a person who works hard and smart. If he learns the skills and talents one could succeed here also.It is your choice , of you are interest and have passion for this subject then it is the best choice.
Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?