20th May 2014, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Masters in Microbiology or Masters in Biochemistry which course is better?

Masters in microbiology / Masters in biochemitory
I m perusing bsc im medical lab technology, which course is better for me?

Related Questions:
13th August 2016, 10:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Masters in Microbiology or Masters in Biochemistry which course is better?

Well if you check carefully, biochemist has much more lab work and a variety of them in comparison to microbiology. Biochemist courses don't really have any math besides the 301 lab and the 3rd year physical chem courses/labs where there are lot of tedious work and other complex that makes 1st/2nd year labs seem too simple. Block 403 is an enzyme kinetics course where you do all those boring enzyme rate calculations.

If you really want to do research, I would recommend biochemist because you are exposed more to different fields unless you are a die hard microbiology/immunology bacteria guy. However, biochemist is more in depth and detailed, whether that is good or bad thing to you. But in microbiology, there's a lot of space for elective to take or do whatever you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?