16th May 2022, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

NET eligibility and prospects

I have done my b.tech followed by PGDM from IMT ghaziabad in marketing/operations, have only a few months work-ex post that (3 months to be exact).I wish to take the NEt test in December.
my questions are as follows:
am i eligible to appear for NET ?
after clearing the exam what prospects would be opened before me ??
which subjects will i be eligible to teach?
my main subject of interest is HR..will i be eligible to teach even that ?
and which other subjects can i teach..
also what is the syllabus of part 1 of the net paper?
kindly enlighten
thank you

17th May 2022, 11:28 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET eligibility and prospects

UGC NET is conducted twice a year for JRF and Assistant Professor posts. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree such as MA/MSc/MCom/MTech/MBA or equivalent degree with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Applicants who have a postgraduate diploma certificate must make sure that their master's degree is recognized by Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities.

The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should not be more than 31 years of age. There is no age limit to applying for the post of UGC NET Assistant Professor. After qualifying for the UGC NET exam for lectureship you will get a chance to establish yourself as Assistant Professor. Based on your key skills you can teach and train the following people.

--> Teach Undergraduates
--> Educate Professional Students
--> Train Post-Doctoral Fellows
18th May 2022, 07:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET eligibility and prospects

°°° Candidates securing at least 55% marks in their master's degree or equivalent from a recognise University in Humanities, social science, computer science and applications, electronics etc eligible to appear for the UGC NET exam conducted by NTA.

°°° Only those students who have completed the post graduation diploma in management from and AICTE approved Institute and have been awarded diploma which is considered to be equivalent to the master degree of recognised indian universities from association of Indian universities New Delhi are eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam.

°°° There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF post it should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?