16th May 2022, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for MBA or PGDM for getting good jobs?

I am an mcom graduate. Preparing for competitive exams should I go for an Mba or Pgdm as I'm not getting good jobs now help me please give me a good career advice.

18th May 2022, 08:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for MBA or PGDM for getting good jobs?

°°° PGDM courses are industry oriented unlike MBA, which are more theoretical in nature.
PGDM courses focus more on grooming programs, mentorship and industry exposure.
The placement services are more rigorous with PGDM programs, as PGDM course from a recognised Institute is usually good to pursue good salary options.

MBA degrees are cheaper as compared to postgraduate diploma since they are offered at standardized University rates.
20th May 2022, 01:49 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The PGDM program is designed to prepare students for real-world circumstances. Whereas an MBA course focuses on the development of a student's technical expertise while also developing theoretical notions. After completing any one of the courses, you can achieve a high salary. So, it only depends on you which course is suitable for you.
20th May 2022, 08:55 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The main reason for taking up any degree or diploma course is to get better job opportunities and grow in career. You are worried about what are the career options after MBA or PGDM. The main difference between PGDM and MBA is PGDM is a diploma and MBA is a degree. If we talk about the corporate world there is not much of a difference between the courses. All they want is a good candidate that will help in the growth of their company. More or less both courses offer the same career option and the curriculum of both the courses is almost equal. Some of the career fields are given below.

1. Banking and Finance
2. Investment Banking
3. Management Consulting
4. Entrepreneurship
5. Data Analyst
6. Private Equity
21st May 2022, 01:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- Master of Business Administration degrees and post graduate diploma in management are both postgraduate courses usually opted for buy individual seeking a better position in the management World after gaining some work experience.

MBAs are cheaper as compared to post graduate diploma since they are offered at standardized University rates.

The MBA curriculum follows a more theoretical University like approach where as PGDM offers a more industry oriented approach and values gaining new skills.

MBA degree can be normal MBA , executive MBA, international MBA, executive MBA and online MBA.

Diploma can be a hybrid PGDM or an EPGDM.

After considering all the points given to you above, you can choose the most viable option for you.
21st May 2022, 01:57 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

PGDM courses are industry oriented unlike MBA which are theoretical in nature.
PGDMs focus more on grooming program , mentorship and Industry exposure.
Placement service are more rigorous with PGDM program.
Thus if it's completed from a recognised institution is usually good to persue good salary options.
Salary also depends a lot on college and experience that one has.PGDM from ISB will have better salary than MBA from a general university.
Thus various factors matter for job opportunities as well as salary offered.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?