26th June 2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting admission in M.Tech?

I have completed my B.Tech. Currently working in a software company.. I want to do M.Tech from Rajabajar Science College.. but I haven't appeared for Gate. Am I eligible to do my M.tech from Rajabajar Science College?? Can you please provide me the details?

26th June 2016, 08:05 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission in M.Tech?

Yes, you can apply for M.tech from Rajabajar Science College even not appeared for GATE.

There are several colleges which conduct their own separate entrance test for admissions to M.Tech courses. But for admission in most of the reputed M.Tech college across the country, GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score is of utmost importance.

Rajabazar science college is one of the best technical college in West Bengal. It allows both GATE and non-GATE candidate for admission to its M.Tech. course. But, candidate with a valid GATE score will get preference.
26th June 2016, 08:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in M.Tech, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering/ Technology from a recognised university. You must have to appear in GATE examination to get admission in M.Tech course. Even if you have not appeared, you can get admission in M.Tech course by appearing entrance examinations like PGECET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board or you can also buy a seat through Management Quota for pursuing M.Tech course.
26th June 2016, 11:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have missed GATE then you have to try some state level PG entrance exam for admission in M.Tech course. Most of the entrance exam are conducted by the state technical university.

You have to apply for the entrance exam of that state in which you want admission. Admission will be based on rank through counselling.
27th June 2016, 03:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in M.tech course without clearing GATE examination, therefore, you will have to appear for GATE examination and clear it with minimum cut-off marks in order to get admission in the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?