15th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I get good IT companies after having low percentage in 10th?

Hi sir,
I am Uma maheshwari pursuing my 6th semester BCA in Krupanidhi college, my overall percentage in degree is 72.69%, but the problem is i have got less in 10th 59.52%,and in pu 66.66% but I’m a commerce background combination is CEBA(computer science) in PU. I’ve taken sir, now in final semester I’ve attended only 2 interview i.e. Aricent and wipro but I didn’t get it, now cognizant came because of 10th percent I couldn't attend so please sir tell me will I get in any good IT company because I like to work in IT company.

Related Questions:
  1. Low percentage in 10th will affect my future studies?
  2. Can I get good IT companies after having low percentage in 10th? -- [New]
  3. Will I be eligible for applying jobs if I scored less percentage in 12th?
  4. Will low percentage in 10th hinder Campus Recruitment chances? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  6. Am I eligible for IT companies after scoring 78% in 10th and 54% in 12th? Which are the companies?
  7. What to do to be placed in good companies having secured 57.2% in 10th class, 84.6% in Intermediate and 69% in B.Tech with ECE stream?
  8. Eligibility criteria for placements in Software companies? What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low marks in class 12th?
  9. Can I apply in Indian Army for the post of Army Officer after scoring 45% in 12th science
  10. Can I get a good job like BHEL, NTPC, ESSAR after scoring 58% in 12th
  11. Why most of the IT Companies do require 10th & 12th class percentage? List of the IT companies which allow me? I have 55.75% marks in 12th
  12. Am I eligible for good IT companies placement if I have less than 60% marks only in 12th?
  13. How may an M.Tech candidate gets Job in Navratna companies? I've secure low percentage in B.Tech and could not appear in PSU
  14. Will I get a job in good companies with 50% in 12th?
  15. Will it be a problem if I have low percentage in 12th to attend campus placements?
  16. How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?
  17. How to get a good job with a high talent and low percentage?
  18. Why IT Company needs 10th and 12th standard percentage for recruitment?
16th December 2015, 02:12 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get good IT companies after having low percentage in 10th?

Yes, you can get into a good IT companies after having low percentage in 10th.
Most of the companies doesn't ask for percentage in 10th and 12th class. Most of the companies just as for percentage in graduation.
But there are some companies that ask for 10th class marks.
So, you can apply in most of the good IT companies that didn't ask for 10th marks like TCS, Reliance Communication, Wipro etc.
16th December 2015, 08:44 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Most of the reputed IT companies higher to those candidates who follow the eligibility criteria as below :

** Score 60% or more in the graduation and same percentage in the 12th standard.

So if you have scored 72.69% in your BCA then your marks in 10th class does matter here. Now my suggestion to you is that you should concentrate on your communications skills for cracking the interview. Also update yourself with the current affairs.
Most of the IT companies prefer to those candidates who keep the knowledge of C language, Java/J2EE, Android, Networking courses like CCNA/CCNP and MCSE/RHCE
SAP/ABAB etc.
16th December 2015, 09:01 PM
mwh

Yes it will effect your future opportunities to get a job in IT company.
Most of the IT companies will have the minimum eligibility with 60% aggregate in 10th,12th and graduation.
so,it is better for you to apply for all IT job to which you are eligible.
17th December 2015, 12:45 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir,
I am Uma maheshwari pursuing my 6th semester BCA in Krupanidhi college, my overall percentage in degree is 72.69%, but the problem is i have got less in 10th 59.52%,and in pu 66.66% but I’m a commerce background combination is CEBA(computer science) in PU. I’ve taken sir, now in final semester I’ve attended only 2 interview i.e. Aricent and wipro but I didn’t get it, now cognizant came because of 10th percent I couldn't attend so please sir tell me will I get in any good IT company because I like to work in IT company.
Yes, you can get job in IT companies. You can apply for the companies which doesn’t have the marks criteria. You should be very good sound technically, should have good aptitude skills and you should have very good communication skills.

You can get a job in IT companies. First you have to get a job in small or startup IT companies and gain some experience.
After getting some experience you can move to some big companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?