7th January 2016, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Can i switch to IT jobs after gaining banking experience?

I am pramod. I am working in a private sector bank as Teller in Retail banking. But i want to change my career into IT sector. Can i do so?

7th January 2016, 11:55 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can i switch to IT jobs after gaining banking experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pramod. I am working in a private sector bank as Teller in Retail banking. But i want to change my career into IT sector. Can i do so?
You have not mentioned about your educational qualifications. It is very difficult to say whether to change from banking to IT sector without knowing your qualifications. The job in a bank is a prestigious one, so think twice before you decide. The switching of career from banking to IT is a difficult one. Both are different types of jobs, so you can change your job in the banking industry itself. This will save your experience in the field also. It is up to the individual to decide about his future, but think twice before you take any decision.
8th January 2016, 05:54 PM
syntel_india
Member+

Yes, you can change your carrier option. There is nothing called "LATE" if you are passionate for something.

Since, you are in Banking and you want to shift to IT industry.
So, before switching, make sure of the following points:

1. Can you make yourself to adjust in completely new environment.
2. Will you able to work on new technology.
3. Are you able to bear pressure.
4. Are you a fast learner.
5. Can you learn new technology within 2 days.
6. Are you punctual for your office time.

** If these are the things, which you can cope up with, so you can come to IT industry.
9th January 2016, 04:26 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely switch from bank job to an IT job. Having professional experience will enrich your profile. It will be easy to switch to an IT job if you can pursue some global certification in the field of Information Technology. Otherwise you can switch to IT companies based on your present experience and portfolio. You can switch as a operation officer and finance officers in the IT companies.
18th February 2021, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I have a banking experience of 7.5years in Pvt sector bank I handled different role and I bcom graduate. I really want to switch to it. How can I. Kindly guide??
3rd January 2022, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I am having banking experience of 5 year and I am B. Tech and M. Tech . Kindly guide what I need to do
12th January 2022, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Iam working as officer in PSU,I wish to switch from banking to IT as financial analyst but to my dismay though I am applying fr relevant positions,my cv or skill set is not matching fr what is required fr such kind of roles. How can anyone simply reject even for interview shortlisting seeing banking experience. You need to atleast gauge person's ability. Kindly suggest what to do in this situation
2nd August 2022, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MBA-Finance and having 10 yrs experience in BFSI. Kindly suggest to switch from Banking to IT jobs
11th September 2022, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MBA-Finance & Information systems and have 16 years of experience in BFSI as a Key Relationship Manager. Kindly suggest switching from Banking to IT jobs. what course or career is advisable?
16th January 2023, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I Have more than 10years experience in BFSI sector where in that 6 years of banking experience in Pvt sector banks. Can I switch to IT sector. My Qualification is MCA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?