7th February 2014, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Chartered Engineer eligibility for Metallurgy engineer?

Dear Sir,

I have done my B tech in Mettallurgy branch from BIT SINDRI in year 2006. As if now i am working in Aditya Birla Group and want Chartered Engineer Certificate. I would like to know is metallurgy branch people could opt for this certifiacte course or not.

Regards
Niraj Kumar
[email protected]

18th February 2014, 06:41 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chartered Engineer eligibility for Metallurgy engineer?

Metallurgical stream generally comes under the Mechanical main stream.So the various streams uch as Production stream,Metallurgical,Autombile,and more are the sub parts of the Mechanical engineering stream.As you are from the metallurgical stream you may go for the Chartered Engineer.To become chartered engineer you must follow the below eligibility criteria conditions.

To become chartered engineer,you must have possessed a minimum of Bachelor degree from a recognized university.Generally the streams allowed for this Chartered engineer are “Mechanical,Civil,Electrical engineering and more).B.E/B.Tech should be done on the branches of these streams.You must have got minimum of 5 years of professional working experience.

Candidate must have hold the corporate membership of the Institute of engineering.It must be obtained from the following three corporate grades.They are such as,
@ Fellow
@ Member of Associate Member(AMIE)

So soon after becoming a member of these corporate grades then you will be entitled as a Chartered Engineer.Having a chartered engineer certificate you will get a more career opportunities for lifelong.Other than these you may also find good number of job opportunities in the Government as well as Private sectors.You can apply for this post throughout in any day of the year.You may thereby find employment in Banking sectors,Courts,government organizations,Statutory bodies,and more.After receiving certificate from the corporate grades,you can be treated as Chartered Engineer.
15th July 2020, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Chartered Engineer eligibility for Metallurgy engineer?

Dear Sir, I got chartered Engineer certificate(AMIE) in Metallurgy branch. I have heard some where 'Goverment approved chartered Engineers'. So, can I considered as Government approved after getting certificate or any specific process available for being government approved engineer.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?