29th April 2014, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to register myself in a consultancy for off campus placements?

I would like to know about the off campus placement.i am a third year student ,my dream company being Infosys... i want to sit in the off campus drives .guide me if i have to register myself in a consultancy and what are the procedure for appearing in it..where in north side that is jaipur ,chandigarh etc they conduct their drives?

3rd May 2014, 09:26 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Do I need to register myself in a consultancy for off campus placements?

Now registering yourself via consultancy services for getting the off-campus drive on Infosys is pretty much a bad idea cause it's going to be the hardest to find a consultancy who are 100% genuine on what they say as "We guarantee you the job".

Companies like Infosys, TCS, Accenture etc (service based) will never go to some consultancy service for sending him the fresh candidates instead they use to go for campus placement in person for picking up the fresh candidates so the consultancies are never going to help for getting the job over those companies. Now try to follow up the points which I have mentioned below to make sure that you will get a job in some good software company like Infosys,

-> Make sure that you are being aware of the companies which are going to come on campus in your college. Infosys do come for campus placement in colleges which are there in places like Jaipur, Chandigarh etc. since I am not aware which college you are studying I won't be able to comment 100% on that but still there should be possibility that they can come to your college as well. So, you need to check with your college officials on this and if they say they don't know or maybe then you has students need to give a feedback stating that it will be good if they invite them to your college for campus placements as they will have contact to the company.

-> Now if you feel that your college is not the biggest one and there is no possibility of companies like Infosys to come in for placements then the next thing to do is to look out for off-campus drive around your place. When I say look out, it means the work is on 100% but how will you do that? You need to talk with your friends who are around in different place and in different colleges and ask them on details of what companies are coming in for campus placement and is there opportunity to attend as off-campus. Don't ask me "How will I get to know friends from different colleges?", there is something called to be connecting the entire world "FB" heard of it?. So, just use all the resource to 100% on this FB, Linkedn, Twitter etc. to make sure that you will get all the latest correct updates from the people who are in the college because internet is also a place where you will get all wrong information if you just Goolge

-> Now if both of the above didn't workout and you were not able to make it for a job just being assertive now, you will get a job "no worries" but just for the info, if it was hard then the better thing to do is to think on your higher studies be it technical or MBA side. Choose the one which you like and do the course in some good colleges where there will be good placements and how you will get to good colleges with good placements? You need to do really good in the various entrance exams which are there for it which will make sure you are getting in to a good college.

-> If you still feel you wanted a job for sure rather doing a PG course and then getting it, then you need to be patient and start applying online in various job portals as well. Even if you get into a small company it doesn't matter just make sure you work hard initially, gain knowledge and then with 1-2 years experience you can always switch companies in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?