17th September 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Job profile and career growth in Mainframe Department of TCS?

Sir,
I am already placed in TCS in the Mainframe department. I want to know about the job profile of this department. I want to know the career growth. Kindly let me know asap.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a job offer from TCS? What are the prospects of career growth? I am a mechanica
  2. Which company is better among - TCS and Infotech? What is the job profile and exposure for freshers in these companies?
  3. Should I go for MBA with job while working in TCS and completing BBM in HR Specialization? Shall I go for Finance/HR profile?
  4. Detailed information about Engineering and Industrial Services profile in TCS? After how much time I can change my Profile?
  5. Is it possible to do a government job after doing Mainframe course?
  6. Jobs in Mainframe after BE (electronics and communication) with less than 60% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How should I get a job after scoring 60% in academics and 3 months training in IBM mainframe?
  8. Can I get a job after doing Mainframe Application Programming Course?
  9. In which company should I join between TCS and Aricent if selected in both?
  10. Which course is good to study Abroad for career growth for EE engineer?
  11. Career in research and development? Jobs in research and development department of private companies?
  12. How can I get High Salary job being a B.Tech Computer Science Engineer and having 2 years of working experience as an Online Marketing Associate?
  13. Job profile in TCS for B.Tech(ME) student?
  14. Which will be the best option for me to change the job profile to HR by doing MBA course or carrying on with the same profile being a candidate of working as Systems Engineer with TCS from 3 years?
  15. Whether IBM is still conducting mainframe training?
  16. Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?
  17. What kind of job is offered in TCS to B.Tech fresher? Company profile of TCS?
  18. TCS or Accenture: Better option after Engineering (Instrumentation Technology)?
4th October 2015, 11:49 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job profile and career growth in Mainframe Department of TCS?

Mainframe is a technology which exist from the 20th century and is considered the evergreen technology. This is because 70% of the fortune 500 companies are build on the mainframe technologies and they cannot migrate to other. The stock exchange of New York and several other countries are based on mainframe. It is faster than other machines till date and is highly secure. Hence there is evergreen demand of mainframe developers especially with the dearth in programmers of mainframe technologies. Healthcare, automobile, banking and insurance are all based on mainframe technologies and there are ample projects in this sector. You can grow if you learn and expertise in multiple technologies in this sector. So try to learn as much as you can and a bright future will lie before you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?