hello friends,
i have liberian CDC.
i m looking for job last three year.
plz i need any kind of job in ship.
so help me find right job.
thank you.

7th April 2023, 04:54 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Job in ship for Liberian CDC holder?

Holding a Liberian CDC or Continuous Discharge Certificate can potentially open up job opportunities working on ships, though it may depend on the specific position and company.
With a Liberian CDC, you have proven seagoing experience that is recognized internationally, demonstrating your skills and abilities necessary for working as part of a ship’s crew. This can be attractive for maritime companies and roles like able seaman, bosun, deckhand, oiler, wiper, etc. However, more senior positions like captain, chief mate or chief engineer will typically require additional certifications and experience beyond a CDC.
Working on a ship can be an adventurous career, but also comes with challenges like limited shore leave, cramped living spaces, physical demands, and time away from home. Pay may be lower than comparable jobs on land. Not all seafaring jobs require a CDC, so you need to weigh the opportunities versus requirements for different positions.
Some options to consider with a Liberian CDC include:
• Merchant marine - Transport goods and cargo between ports for shipping companies. Large companies like Maersk, CMA CGM, Cosco etc hire seafarers with CDCs.
• Cruise line - Work on passenger cruise ships providing guest services and assistance. Major cruise lines like Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian hire for roles from waiter to able seaman.
• Offshore oil rig - CDCs can qualify you for support roles on offshore oil platforms and rigs. Fewer days at sea but hazardous working conditions. Companies like Transocean, Ensco, Noble Corp are potential employers.
• Fishing vessel - Commercial fishing fleets hire hands with CDCs for roles like deckhand, fisher, and engineer. Irregular hours but can be a paying job.
• Yacht crew - Wealthy yacht owners hire experienced crew with CDCs to help operate and maintain their luxury vessels. More personal and flexible than other options but typically lower wages.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?