16th January 2016, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get the job in software field with only 55% marks in B.Tech?

My percentage in 10th is 75 , 12th is 48 and in btech is 55 I'm from eee branch. should i do java course or networking course sir ? if we have reference it will work or not in getting job with less percentage ?? like in companies like cognizant , infosys .by doing certifications courses in java in niit institution..

17th January 2016, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the job in software field with only 55% marks in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My percentage in 10th is 75 , 12th is 48 and in btech is 55 I'm from eee branch. should i do java course or networking course sir ? if we have reference it will work or not in getting job with less percentage ?? like in companies like cognizant , infosys .by doing certifications courses in java in niit institution..
No, you are not eligible for CTS and Infosys recruitment.

Eligibility criteria for MNC companies placement:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Companies is 65%.

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for companies recruitment.
17th January 2016, 02:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the job in software field with only 55% marks in B.Tech?

No, it is not possible to get job in top software companies after securing 55% marks in B.Tech.
Candidate must have secured atleast more than 60% marks in graduation degree in order to apply for job in some good software companies. Also candidate must not have gap of more than 2 years during his/her studies.
17th January 2016, 10:04 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for getting job in private companies such as TCS, Wipro etc.

>>The main reason is that these companies set a minimum criteria that student who possess throughout more than 60% i.e 10th, 12th and graduation percentage is more than 60 are eligible for sitting in the campus or off campus placement drive.

>>So in my opinion, you have to try for government jobs such as IBPS PO, SSC CGL exam. As these exams require that student possess graduation degree. Percentage does not matter in these exams.
19th January 2016, 10:10 PM
HELP@U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your percentage is not so good but don't worry, you can get jobs in IT companies which don't consider criteria.
But sorry to say that in top companies like TCS,Infosys etc you are not eligible to appear in the recruitment process,
These companies consider those students who secured at least 60% marks aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?