4th August 2015, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to get placed in a Ship as Deck Cadet?

Hi there,

I am Manohar Dutt Mishra, I have done my One year Diploma in Nautical Science course from Indian Maritime University Chennai campus but still hunting for placement in shipping companies because without sailing of 18 month I will not become a graduate persone. I want to get placed in a merchant shipping company having ship over more than 5000 GRT. I have my all documents ready with me, the only missing thing is appointment letter of company. Please help me out. Currently I have taken admission in BCA friom IGNOU and studying in first year. Please help me what should I do so that I can get my placement as soon as possible because I have already lost my crucial 2 years behind this.

Thank you,
Regards,
Manohar Dutt Mishra

30th May 2016, 08:52 AM
monu2681992

Default Re: What should I do to get placed in a Ship as Deck Cadet?

Instead of doing BCA you must have find the organization or the company that could have given you the training for 18 months to sail the ship. As this is the minimum requirements that you ave to fulfill in order to get into any of the company.

SO, i will suggest you to look for the internship. BCA is just like part time study you are ding. Then i am sure that you might be doing BCA as a distant learning o=not a regular course.
SO, if you are doing BCA as a distant learning program then better search for the internship for 18 months.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?