8th July 2021, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam if I have failed in maths and marks are not good?

Class 12 ISC marks, English-61, 2nd lang-73, mathematics-15, Physics-46, Chemistry-52,Biology-55

10th July 2021, 06:01 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if I have failed in maths and marks are not good?

The eligibility criteria for NDA (National Defence Academy) examination is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics or without Mathematics in all subjects from a recognized board. For Navy or Air Force, you must have Physics and Mathematics in your class 12th subjects. The candidate minimum age should be 15.7 years/16 years and the maximum age should not be more than 18.7 years/19 years and a candidate must be a citizen of India.
11th July 2021, 11:57 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if I have failed in maths and marks are not good?

No, you are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination after having fail status in mathematics subject even when it is optional subject for you in 12th board examination.

Second most important thing is that, you must have studied and passed in physics and mathematics subject to be eligible for Indian Navy and Airforce .

So, you must either appear for compartment examination of mathematics or regular examination to have overall status of pass in all subjects and then only you can apply for NDA/ NA examination for joining any wing of Defence.

Age limit:-
Age limit is between 16.5 years to 19 years.
There is no such age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.
11th July 2021, 12:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have a certificate of 12th standard but you have failed in mathematics, so you are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for Indian Army post.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognised board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

There is no age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.
11th July 2021, 04:31 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, without Maths, you are techniacally not eligible for NDA, in any stream. You need to clear the exam for NDA, and for that, you must have passed 12th with minimum 65% .

You can appear for the entrance exam, and get recommended in SSB, but still you will be held back. Take your 12th exams again .
12th July 2021, 10:11 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

If you have a certificate of 12th standard, then you are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. You can apply for Army Wing of National Defence Academy.
12th July 2021, 11:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year for recruitment in defence services.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed std 12th with a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Candidates who have failed in the board examination are not eligible to appear for the examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th July 2021, 09:08 PM
Msdhoni02

Candidates should have passed the Class 12th exam in the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

In short, candidates should be between the age of 16.5 years and 19.5 years to be eligible for the exam.

You must be a citizen of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?