23rd October 2014, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I directly apply for JEE Advance if qualified in JEE Mains? Is JEE Main sufficient for admission?

Respected Sir/Madam
if i prepare for only jee main will it suffice 4 admission?
can i directly attempt jee advance
if i have qualified in jee mains?????
kindly let me know immedaitely

27th October 2014, 08:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I directly apply for JEE Advance if qualified in JEE Mains? Is JEE Main sufficient for admission?

No, you cannot directly appear for JEE Advance examination, even if you have qualified the JEE Main examination. To be eligible to appear for JEE Advance examination, you must have qualified JEE Main and you must be in the top 1,50,000 rank of the JEE Main examination. And also you must be in the top 20 percentile of the high scorers of your 12th state board examinations or you must have secured at least 75% (for General/OBC) and 70% (for SC/ST) of marks in your 12th standard to be eligible to appear for the JEE Advance examination..
16th May 2016, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I directly apply for JEE Advance if qualified in JEE Mains? Is JEE Main sufficient for admission?

I have not given jee main test .i want to know that whether i m eligible to get admission in any engineering college in punjab which may be reputed as well.
31st May 2023, 09:22 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

No, qualifying in JEE Main is necessary but not sufficient for admission to undergraduate engineering programs at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) or other participating institutes. JEE Main is the first stage of the Joint Entrance Examination, and it serves as a screening test to shortlist candidates for the JEE Advanced exam.

To be eligible for JEE Advanced, candidates must meet certain additional criteria, such as:

Performance in JEE Main: Candidates need to qualify JEE Main and secure a position in the specified category-wise cutoff ranks to be eligible for JEE Advanced.

Age Limit: General category candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1999. There are age relaxations for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

Number of Attempts: Candidates are allowed a maximum of two consecutive attempts in consecutive years.

Once a candidate qualifies in JEE Main and meets the eligibility criteria, they can register and appear for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is the second stage of the examination and is conducted for admissions to the IITs and certain other prestigious institutes.

The final admission to undergraduate engineering programs in IITs is based on the candidate's performance in JEE Advanced, which includes a separate examination, counseling process, and seat allocation.

Therefore, while JEE Main is a crucial step in the overall process, qualifying in JEE Main alone is not sufficient for admission to the IITs or other participating institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?