11th November 2016, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I enter NDA with commerce stream if applied as a maths and physics stream candidate?

I am a student of commerce stream, but I filled the form of NDA 2016 with qualification maths and physics both. Can I enter NDA, if I will pass the NDA exam?

11th November 2016, 08:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I enter NDA with commerce stream if applied as a maths and physics stream candidate?

To be eligible to join NDA, you should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognised board. You can join Indian Army through NDA even if you have passed 12th standard with commerce stream but, if you have not studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination. So, being a 12th standard commerce stream student, you are eligible to join Indian Army, but not in Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination.
11th November 2016, 09:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I enter NDA with commerce stream if applied as a maths and physics stream candidate?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA examination two times every year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Those who have done 10+2 with stream other than science with Mathematics and Physics are eligible for Indian Army.

Your are from commerce stream then you will be eligible for Indian Army.

2. Age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Those who are unmarried candidates are eligible for NDA examination.

It consists of two stages of examination:

Written Examination.

Service Selection Board.
11th November 2016, 10:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and same is an academy meant for providing training and education to those who are looking to be an defense officer and have managed to qualify NDA entrance examination.

The minimum educational qualification for appearing in NDA entrance examination is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force one's academic must include Maths and Physics as main subjects.

Now as far your eligibility to join NDA after qualifying its respective entrance examination having filled wrong information in application form then I would like to mention that you will not be eligible as your candidature will be cancelled at the time of document verification.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th November 2016, 11:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board in any stream.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. The candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection. So, you are eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th November 2016, 12:17 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of commerce stream, but I filled the form of NDA 2016 with qualification maths and physics both. Can I enter NDA, if I will pass the NDA exam?
Yes, of course you are eligible for NDA exam after completing 10th standard. Being a Commerce stream student you are not eligible for Indian Air Force and Navy wing. However, you can join in Indian Army wing through NDA exam conducted by the UPSC exam.
12th November 2016, 12:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, commerce student are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for Indian Army post.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam. Final year candidates are also eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
12th November 2016, 12:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much appear for NDA examination, there is no such issue in it. The minimum educational qualification is that the candidate should have completed his 12th standard from a recognized board. Therefore, if you have the required qualification, you might very much apply for the examination mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?