10th October 2018, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I get BTech admission if secure less than 50% in 12th Karnataka Board?

Hello everyone, I am a student of class 12th with Karnataka Board studying with Science stream. I am preparing for JEE Main. Can you tell me that if I score below 50% then also I am able for admission in BTech course?

14th October 2018, 05:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BTech admission if secure less than 50% in 12th Karnataka Board?

Most of the engineering entrance exams have criteria of 50% marks in class 12th with PCM stream. Hence, it will not be possible to get admission, if you have less than 50% marks.

Only in case of reserved category like SC/ST and PWD, you can get 5% relaxation of marks, and for them 45% is the minimum.
14th October 2018, 11:14 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BTech admission if secure less than 50% in 12th Karnataka Board?

The minimum marks required in 12th standard for admission in any reputed graduation degree instittute is 50%. So, if you score less than 50% in 12th standard from Karnataka board then you will not be eligible for admission in any government degree college.
However, you may apply for admission in B.Tech degree in many private institutes. But there you may be asked for some donation money.
So, it is better to prepare well for 12th final exams and score more than 50% to get access for good engineering institutes.
15th October 2018, 03:23 PM
mayank1610

Post Re: Can I get BTech admission if secure less than 50% in 12th Karnataka Board?

Yes, you can get BTech admission in various colleges in Bangalore. There are many colleges in yelahanka and outskirts of bangalore that takes admission of students even if they have scored less marks in class 12th.
15th October 2018, 07:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get B.Tech admission even if you secure less than 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard from Karnataka Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech course. Admissions in B.Tech course are done through entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc.,.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?