19th August 2021, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I give improvement exam from other board for my next year?

Sir I have given the PCM boards exam in 2014 but due to my bad health the my exams were not gone well.And now I believe that I will get 60% in boards but I want to improve my marks as i want to get to iit. so please tell me that do I have to appear in all 5 subjects the next year and also my practical marks do I have to give practicals again the next year or my old marks will be accepted.And i have given my board from an ISC Board but now i want to give it from CBSE Board.Can i do that.And do i have to give practical exam also from cbse board only.

I am very much worried please help me

19th August 2021, 11:35 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give improvement exam from other board for my next year?

Improvement exam.is nothing but a chance given to students, who feel unsatisfied with their marks...

If the candidate has failed in any if practicals, he has to appear for both theory and practical irrespective of him clearing any theory exam...

You can appear in one or more subject as per your choice...

You can improvement exam only in that same board, not any other board...
20th August 2021, 04:40 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Yes. CBSE Improvement Exam is as safe as giving the board exams. Since you are actually appearing in CBSE Board Exams. The question papers, exam dates, result will be same as for other regular candidates. You will get a new marksheet issued by CBSE.
21st August 2021, 12:22 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the improvement exams for improving marks of your board exams. You are required to apply for the improvement exams within two years of board exams.

But please note that you are not permitted for the change in board from ISC to CBSE board. You have to apply for the improvement exams within the same board.

After the result of improvement examination, the best of two will be considered as final in your marksheet.
22nd August 2021, 04:41 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

You can give the improvement examination in the consecutive year, you cannot give this examination after taking a year gap. The students who appeared for their 10th and 12th examination through the CBSE board can appear for the improvement examination if they have qualified for the examination through the state or any other board except CBSE is not eligible.

If you have given the board examination through the ISC board then you can give the improvement examination through the same ISC board only. For improvement examination, you cannot change the board as it is not possible.
22nd August 2021, 12:01 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, You can give improvement exam from other board for my next year.

You have to re-enroll for intermediate from any board and appear for each subject examination and practical examination in order to improve your score.

From this year, There is no criteria of having minimum 75% in intermediate to get admission in IITs.
24th August 2021, 01:20 PM
Singhskomal

No you can't improve your marks with other board.
Marks improvement possible only with in year. your can improve your marks after declaration of your results within in one year not after that.
So if you want to improve your marks your should reapply for your exam with any recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?