11th October 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC/MPSC after studying 12th from Arts?

I am a student of 12th science. after 12th i want to take arts. can i give IAS Exam by taking arts?

14th October 2014, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC/MPSC after studying 12th from Arts?

Sorry 12th pass candidates are not eligible for IAS and MPSC examination. Therefore, you have to study further till Graduation to become eligible for these examinations.

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is sufficient to make you eligible for the IAS and MPSC examination.

The age limit for these exam is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation
OBC - 3 years relaxation
PWD - 10 years relaxation

Selection is based on the following stages:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

Therefore, take admission in Graduation and prepare for these examination.

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
15th October 2014, 10:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To appear for UPSC or MPSC examinations, you must have to complete the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for UPSC or MPSC exams are :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed the Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must be within 21-30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

4.You must be Physically and mentally fit as per the examination notification released by the UPSC or MPSC.

Yes, you can appear for the IAS exam after completing your graduation in arts stream. Since, you have completed the 12th standard in arts stream, you need to complete your Bachelor's degree in arts stream to be eligible to appear for the IAS examination.
17th October 2014, 04:11 PM
Devdatta Divekar

No, you are not eligible for UPSC/ MPSC exams as the candidate must be a graduate degree or have completed his/her degree in any discipline or subject from a recognized university with at least 50% marks and the age of the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. You will have to complete your degree after 12th class in any discipline from a recognized university then you would be able to apply for IAS Pre exam. All the best!
2nd July 2017, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

To prepare for mpsc upsc is arts stream ok after 10 or science is more preferred?
9th June 2020, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Can art degree with geography student give mpsc forest service exam
11th June 2020, 11:30 AM
lupta12

Hii dear , you cannot give the Upsc/Mpsc exam after studying 12th only from any stream . You will have to complete the graduation first then only you will be eligible for the upsc examination.

The selection will be based on three steps :

1. Preliminary examination
2.Main examination
3.Interview

and age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years . The age relaxation for the reserved categories are as follows :

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation
OBC - 3 years relaxation
Pwd candidates - 10 years relaxation .

Hope this information helps you .

Thanks a lot !!!
5th July 2023, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I hav completed my 12th from arts stream plz suggest me that which bachelor degree is good for upsc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?