8th March 2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force and Merchant Navy being an NIOS student?

Sir,
Can I join Indian Air Force & Merchant Navy by NIOS Board? Actually I have done my 10th from NIOS Board and also doing my 12th with NIOS. In this case I can join these two? Please tell me asap.

9th March 2016, 12:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force and Merchant Navy being an NIOS student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Can I join Indian Air Force & Merchant Navy by NIOS Board? Actually I have done my 10th from NIOS Board and also doing my 12th with NIOS. In this case I can join these two? Please tell me asap.
Yes, NIOS student are eligible for Indian Air Force through NDA exam. Also you can apply for Merchant Navy exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

Candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam. Your age should be below 20 years.
9th March 2016, 07:56 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force and Merchant Navy being an NIOS student?

Yes, you are very much eligible to join Indian Air force and Merchant Navy after completion of your 12th with NIOS board, there is no problem in it as NIOS board is also a recognized board as other boards.

> You should have however completed your 12th standard from a recognized board(in your case it is NIOS and is okay).

> Your age should however range in between 16.5 - 19.5 years to apply for Indian Airforce and below 21 to apply for Merchant Navy.
9th March 2016, 07:59 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join Indian Air force and Merchant Navy after completion of your 12th from NIOS board. You will just have to fulfill the admission criteria to be eligible to join.

Criteria:

> You should have completed your 12th class from a recognized board.

> You should have obtained a minimum of 60% in aggregate in order to be eligible for either of the fields.

> Your age should not be below 17 years and not more than 23 years.

> You will have to pass a medical test first before being able to join the course in any recognized Institute.
21st December 2018, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I have passed class 12th in 2016 but due to my health problem I unable to continue this I drop one year then I readmission in 2017 for 11th but when time come for form filling of class 12th my school failed to fill up my form so I am thinking to do my 12th through NIOS .Does it affect in my further study and job placement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?