14th August 2020, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis being a Punjab Board student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am doing my 10th from Punjab Board and I am interested to do Diploma in Nursing course. So, can I be eligible to do this Diploma course after completing my 10th? Please help me to know about this asap.

15th August 2020, 01:51 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis being a Punjab Board student?

No, You can not study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis being a Punjab Board student because students need to have qualified their 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination in any relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized board.
15th August 2020, 01:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis being a Punjab Board student?

••• No, on the basis of tenth you cannot join ANM course, GNM course or B.Sc Nursing course.

••• The minimum qualification required to pursue any of the above given courses is 10 + 2.
15th August 2020, 02:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° There are many Nursing courses which can be pursued by a female candidate but the minimum educational qualification required to pursue such courses is 10 + 2.

°°° For ANM course: 10+2 with any stream but preference is given to candidates who have done 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology.

°°° For GNM course: 10 + 2 with any stream but preference is given to candidates who have done 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology.

°°° For B.Sc Nursing course: 10+2 with physics, chemistry and Biology as main subjects and admission is done on the basis of entrance test conducted by University.
15th August 2020, 06:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in three year diploma in Nursing course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

The entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission on the basis of 10th qualification.
16th August 2020, 08:51 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Post Re: Can I study Diploma in Nursing on 10th basis being a Punjab Board student?

No you cannot study Diploma in Nursing after 10th Std.

Diploma in Nursing is a 3-year full-time diploma level program

The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Nursing is to qualify the 10+2 examination in any relevant stream with an aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?