5th January 2022, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Can the school deny to issue a counter signed TC? Is it compulsory to get the TC counter signed for change in Board and state?

My son has passed class-X from a ICSE affiliated school in Odisha in 2018. For his preparation for JEE we have sent him to Kota for coaching classes. For admission in class-XI in a CBSE affiliated school in Kota, Rajasthan, the School needs his TC counter signed. The previous school (ICSE) denies to issue the counter signed TC on the ground that since the board has issued the migration certificate there is no need for the TC to be counter signed. But, the school in Kota insists for the same and is denying for the admission. We are facing the problem as it is a matter of my son's future can you please guide us on the following:
1) Can the school deny to issue a counter signed TC?
2) Is it compulsory to get the TC counter signed for change in Board and state?
3) How to get the TC counter signed without the co-operation from the passed out School?

26th February 2022, 10:45 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can the school deny to issue a counter signed TC? Is it compulsory to get the TC counter signed for change in Board and state?

Yes, TC( Transfer Certificate ) is required to get admission in the a new school.

So, you are not eligible to get admission without TC. It is issued by the school authority rather then by board.

If your school deny to give you the TC, you can submit your grievance to the concerned authority at the district and state level.
24th March 2022, 12:44 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can the school deny to issue a counter signed TC? Is it compulsory to get the TC counter signed for change in Board and state?

Yes, the countersigned T is a very much important document to change your board.

Also, it is your right to choose which board or institute you want to study in.

So, if the school is denying you the TC, you can complain the same to the District Education Officer and the concerned board for the same.
28th July 2022, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

is countersign is necessary on TC for admission in inter district in class up to 7th
6th June 2023, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

If my admission date is on 8th june buy my tc is not counter signed. Iam grom icse board. My school say that our school is not under deo. It is under council. In that case how i get admission in a cbsr school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?