27th May 2015, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?

i done my 10th board in but due to some reason i was not took my 12th board paper in next year and now i am going to take my 12th board in this year and i am thinking that drop a year for iit after completing my 12th board in 2014 will i able to sit in iit entrance exam

27th May 2015, 10:28 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?

The minimum percentage that is required is 60% and you will need to have an aggregate score of 70% in PCM preferably but the second criteria is not a must.
So it is best for you to give your 12th Board now and also appear for the Entrance Examination.
If you do not get the required result then you can give a year drop and then you will be able to prepare for IIT.
So the year drop will not be problem but it is advisable to you to give your 12th Board this year.
27th May 2015, 01:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that to in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard and the maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. So, if you take one year gap after your 12th standard for preparing for JEE examination, you will have only two chance for JEE Main and one chance for JEE Advance examination. So, I suggest you don't waste your chance and try to appear in JEE examination immediately after completion of your 12th standard.
27th May 2015, 01:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

CBSE conducts Joint entrance examination (JEE) for admission to IIT's and NIT's for under graduate courses every year.

The candidate must have passed class 12 examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in physics, mathematics and chemistry.

To be eligible to for JEE-2016, candidate must have passed class 12 examination either in 2015 or 2014 are eligible.

Candidate should born on or after 1991 to be eligible for JEE-2016.

Candidate can appear for a maximum of 3 attempts.
27th May 2015, 02:46 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IIT entrance Exam that is JEE advanced after an year gap in studies after 11th class. There is no problem with the gap.

It is not advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT, try to crack it in the first attempt as it contains syllabus from only 11th and 12th class.
But if you failed in first attempt then you can go for some coaching to crack it after one year.

Some good Coaching institute for Jee Advanced Coaching are listed below :

• Akash Institute
  • Brilliant Tutorials
  • FIIT JEE
  • Bansal Classes
27th May 2015, 03:32 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?

First of all yes you are eligible to sit in the JEE mains or JEE advance (only if you clear mains exam) because JEE - Joint entrance exam is conducted by CBSE board and CBSE board gives 3 chances to each candidate to sit in the exam
Now it is advisable only if you are a hard worker otherwise don't drop your precious year because reality is that its the toughest job to clear IIT , but if you clear the JEE advance exam then there is surety of your bright future ,as per my knowledge its not easy so you can drop your one year if you can study harder and harder
27th May 2015, 09:38 PM
pjgp

Yes,you are eligible for iit examinatiom it is not a necessary condition the candidate should give the exam in the year after 12 exam.you can long term coaching for one year and can give the exam so you are eligible for this exam.so you have give mains exam first if you are pass in that exam then you have to attend for advanced exams. prepare well anda all the best
29th May 2015, 06:16 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for the IIT Exam.Now the name of IIT changes to JEE Mains.You have to clear both the Exam.The First one is JEE Pre and Second is JEE Mains.CBSE Conducts the JEE Exam per year.There is only three attempts for passing this Exam.It means you can sit only three times in this Exam.The 12th Class marks also play a important role in JEE Mains and JEE Pre Exam,So i suggest you that secure good marks in 12th Class Also.

You can prepare for this Exam by yourself or through Coaching Institutes.There are many Coaching Centers those provide best quality education for JEE Appearing Candidates.
2nd April 2018, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th in 2015 and 12th in 2018. Am i eligible for jee advanced in 2019 if 2019 will be my first attempt ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?