22nd January 2019, 03:30 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join NDA for a girl candidate after completing 10th?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a 10th student of Telangana Board and currently preparing for the Board exam. After completing my 10th, I want to join NDA. I am a girl candidate, so I want to know about the eligibility criteria for me to join.

29th January 2019, 09:18 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for a girl candidate after completing 10th?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join NDA examination after completion of your 10th standard being a girl candidate. As per the UPSC NDA examination notification, only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. So, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
30th January 2019, 10:04 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy. UPSC conducts NDA entrance examination for this academy twice every year. Being a girl candidate, you can not join NDA. Girls are not allowed for the NDA entrance examination. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA examination. Minimum educational qualification required to appear for NDA entrance examination is pass in 12th class from a recognized board. Unmarried female candidates can apply for Combined Defense Services CDS)-Officers Training Academy exams after completing bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Last edited by ppsahu; 2nd February 2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Remove *
30th January 2019, 11:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted by UPSC for selection in defence service. It is conducted twice in a year.

As per the eligibility, only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, girls are not eligible to appear for the examination. Examination is conducted in two stages and after qualifying in both stage will become eligible for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2019, 09:57 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Entrance examination is conducted in two stages. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?