20th August 2016, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Army officer after class 9th?

Hello Sir, I am Bhanuj studying in 9th and I want to become an Indian Army officer.As my grandfather was a Brigadier in Army and my dad is also in Army. I also want to be an army officer. Please give me information. Thank you.

20th August 2016, 07:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Army officer after class 9th?

To be an army commanding officer i.e; lieutenant being a Class 9th student you will first have to complete your higher secondary school degree and then have to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ).

For joining NDA, you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC referred as NDA I & NDA II in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications which you must posses to appear in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

* You must satisfy the physical fit norms as per mentioned in the notification of the same examination.

--> Apart from NDA, there are the option of entry through TES ( Technical Entry Scheme ) and CDS ( Combined Defense Services ). But for TES, you need to have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 70% aggregate in each subject where as for CDS you need to be a graduate candidate.

For more details about these entries you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in or www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
20th August 2016, 08:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Right now, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get recruitment in Indian Army.

To join as an officer in Indian Army candidates have to qualify in NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or pursuing from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you have to wait till 10+2 to appear for entrance examination but you can prepare for entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th August 2016, 08:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to pass at least class 12th to become eligible for NDA exam which is the only way yo become an army officer after class 12th. Other than army officer jobs there are soldier posts which require class 10th qualification.

One can also apply for Technical Entry Scheme (TES) after passing class 12th with PCM stream with 75% marks. There will be a direct SSB for shortlisted candidates.
20th August 2016, 09:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become an Army Officer, you must have to appear in the NDA examination, qualifying in which you will be eligible to join Indian Army as an Army Officer. But after class 9th it is not possible to pursue, you must have completed your class 12th atleast.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to appear in the NDA examination, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to appear in NDA:-

Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board.
Candidates age must be in between 17 to 19 years old.
Candidates must be an unmarried male.
Candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards of UPSC NDA Examination.
Candidates must be a citizen of India.
20th August 2016, 11:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased with your interest in join Defence services after getting inspired by your grandfather.

But, sorry you are not eligible to join it. The minimum qualification to appear for NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC is candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is necessary to qualify in both stages of examination for selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
21st August 2016, 04:19 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to complete your 12th standard first and appear for NDA examination and can very much apply for the post mentioned above as it is the minimum eligibility criteria.

Your age should be between 16.5-19.5 years at the time of appearing for the examination. As per your experience and work efficiency, you will be promoted to various posts ahead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?