9th August 2018, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

How to become an LIC Agent while studying 12th Humanities?

I want to join Life Insurance Corporation of India and become an LIC Agent. Right now I am studying in 12th standard with Humanities stream. But after completing my 12th, kindly let me know how I can join and become an LIC Agent? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

10th August 2018, 05:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an LIC Agent while studying 12th Humanities?

You need to pass an exam conducted by IRDAI to become insurance agent. LIC agents work independently and they get commission based on the amount of policies they sell.

Hence, becoming an agent is not a big thing. You can even join any private insurance company in insurance sales department. This will give you experience in the given field.
11th August 2018, 12:20 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become an LIC Agent while studying 12th Humanities?

LIC stands for Life Insurance Corporation.
It is a insurance and investment company.
To join LIC as a agent, candidate must be of above 18 years and completed higher secondary examination from any recognised board. Also, candidate must have a valid PAN and Aadhar card.
If you fulfil these eligibility criteria then you need to contact Development Officer in nearby branch office of LIC for appointment.
An interview will be conducted to test your dedication for working as a agent in LIC.
After completing interview, you will be sent to training course. After completing training, you have to sit for Pre-Licencing training conducted by IRDA(Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority). After successful completion of examination, Licence is awarded by IRDA to work as agent.
There is no limitation of working hours for agents.
Payment to agents is given on the basis of number of insurances and collection along with a fix monthly payment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?