3rd April 2022, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

How to get NRI quota through Father's NRI?

MY father is a NRI he stayed 20 years in abroad so i 'am a commerce student . I passed plus two with 66% . Is any opportunities to get an NRI seats to me . plz tell colleges inside Kerala and outside Kerala. So i warmly except your kind replay

9th April 2022, 12:50 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get NRI quota through Father's NRI?

As per the rules of NRI quota , student must have studied continuously for 5 years in abroad including class 11 and 12 , then they become eligible for NRI quota .
It has nothing to do with father being NRI.

NRI is basically non residence of India and cime under NRI quota , the fees they pay for any course is totally different from a normal candidate.
10th April 2022, 04:32 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

How to get NRI quota through Father's NRI?

Apply for NEET-UG exam at NTA NEET website.

Clear NEET exam.

Register and attend the state counselling where you want to take admission in a government/ private medical college under NRI quota.
14th April 2022, 02:21 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

NRI quota refers to the reservation of seats that is allotted to Non-Resident Indians by the institutes and universities of India. As per the guidelines set by the Supreme Court of India the eligibility criteria for the NRI quota are given below.

--> One of the parents must be an NRI residing abroad.
--> The person sponsoring the education must be an NRI residing outside India and have a first-degree relationship with the student.
--> In case of no parents/relatives, the guardian must be an NRI residing abroad and must treat the student like a ward backed up by an affidavit showing interest in the affairs and relationship with the student.
--> Nearest relative can be defined as the real brother/sister of the parents, maternal or paternal grandparents, or first-degree maternal and paternal cousins.
28th April 2022, 03:22 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

As per the rules of NRI quota a student must study five year continuously in abroad country including class 11th and 12th it does not have any connection with NRI status of your father so if you have done 5 years study including class 11th and 12th in abroad can only you are eligible for NRI quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?