14th February 2017, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Is maths compulsory to be a Chartered Accountant?

I am in class 9th and I am interested to be a CA student. Can you advise me which subjects I should focus more, but I am average student for only maths subjects. In my half yearly exam I got 75 marks in exam. It was not so good is maths is compulsory? For becoming CA? I want to make my base better of CA. Please advise me and all processor of CA that is what I should do after passing 12th commerce.

14th February 2017, 09:35 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is maths compulsory to be a Chartered Accountant?

--- No, maths is not compulsory in intermediate for CA.

--- But you should take commerce with maths in intermediate.

--- Because you have to face mathematical problems in CPT test.

--- So, if you really interested in CA course, then you should focus on maths along with other subjects.

--- If you feel weak in maths, then you can join any coaching class.
15th February 2017, 02:07 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

If you want to become a CA, there is no need to study higher mathematics.

Yes, there are subjects of commerce and only that much maths you require to know which will help you in the subjects of commerce.

So, you don't need to worry about the maths and focus more on the subjects related to commerce.

Also, since you are in 9th now, you need to pay attention to all the subjects equally instead of loosing interest in some. May be you will change your mind when you reach in higher classes.
15th February 2017, 10:10 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No it is not necessary to study mathematics in order to become a Chartered Accountant. But, generally mathematics with commerce are preferred by most of the institutes. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard are eligible to pursue CA course. You have to register for CPT and then after completing 12th standard you have to appear for an entrance examination. After clearing the examination with good marks you will be eligible to get admission to study CA course.
15th February 2017, 11:07 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Maths is only require for CPT (Common Proficiency Test) after that it's not required. You also have to focus on Economics and Accountancy.The candidate is eligible to apply anytime for CPT (Common Proficiency Test) when he/she pass his/her class 10, but the candidate can give the exam only when he/she have passed their class 12.
There are no minimum criteria of marks. You can apply online also.
You are going for CA course, then choose B.COM as your degree course.
After completing CA your door to the career will open broadly as it is an international professional course, so you can do your jobs worldwide.
15th February 2017, 11:37 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 9th and I am interested to be a CA student. Can you advise me which subjects I should focus more, but I am average student for only maths subjects. In my half yearly exam I got 75 marks in exam. It was not so good is maths is compulsory? For becoming CA? I want to make my base better of CA. Please advise me and all processor of CA that is what I should do after passing 12th commerce.
No, Mathematics is not compulsory to become a Chartered Accountant. The eligibility to study the CA course is a pass in 10+2 in any stream or graduates in any stream with at least 60% marks. So it is not compulsory to study mathematics to become a Chartered Accountant. The 10+2 students have to appear for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and the graduates can appear for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and finally CA Final Examination. The Mathematics subject is useful while you study the CA course. The topics like integration, probability, derivatives, interest, limits etc will be available in CPT examinations. So you can study some special mathematics class to clear CPT. CA course and examinations are conducted by the ICAI.
15th February 2017, 11:44 AM
AshitaBanerjee

It is not mandatory to have maths in 11 & 12 for doing CA but you will definitely face it in the long run. I think it would be better if you stick to maths (as you have scored good 75% which is good) because what you will learn in class 11 & 12 will be repeated at the beginning of the course.It will be mostly useful in CPT at the beginning and at the end. So then it will become bit difficult for you to cope with it within 2-2.5 months.

You can join better coaching class for maths only.

To pursue CA, one has to clear three exams :: CPT (entrance exam), IPCC (Intermediate exam) and the final CA exam.

You are advised to practice mock tests at home as well as under a professional’s guidance. Mock exams will help you manage exam pressure and time while writing the exam.
15th February 2017, 02:30 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is very good to know that you are planning to pursue CA from a very early stage of life. CA is abbreviate form of Chartered Accountant. It is one of the most sought out course among young students.
Below are name of subjects are given for CA aspirants.
- Fundamentals OF Accounting.
- Quantitative aptitude.
- Mercantile Law.
- General Economics.
- General English.
- Business Communications and ethics.
To become a CA you must clear all the three stages of this exam.
1. Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
2. Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
3. Final Examination.
15th February 2017, 03:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not compulsory to become Chartered Accountant but it helps a lot during different stages of Chartered Accountancy course. So even if you are average student in Mathematics, you can clear different stages of Chartered Accountancy course.

The different stages of Chartered Accountancy course are:

>>Common Proficiency Test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence course.

>>Final course.

The qualification required for CPT is 10+2 from a recognized board. The best stream in 10+2 for Chartered Accountancy course is commerce stream with mathematics. You can select this stream in 10+2 as it will help you in pursuing this professional course.
15th February 2017, 06:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. There is so much calculation in Chartered Accountancy course that you must study Mathematics in your 10+2 along with commerce stream. It will help you a lot in pursuing different stage of this course.

2. To get enrolled in Chartered Accountancy course, you should clear Common Proficiency Test after 12th.

Official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India: http://www.icai.org.
15th February 2017, 07:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have just class 12th qualification to become eligible for CA CPT, there is no compulsion for maths subject. Although, if you have studied maths, then surely it will help but not necessary.

Hence, don't worry about maths, if you are looking for CA. Just study according to the syllabus and pass exams to become eligible for next stage.
19th February 2017, 01:57 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

Maths is not compulsory to be a CA, even non-commerce students can get admission for chartered accountant. only difference is that minimum marks for students with commerce in class 12 is 50 %, for non-commerce students without maths as a subject is 55 % and non-commerce students with maths is 60 % and these students are exempted from Integrated Professional Competence Course.
28th August 2019, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the compulsory subjects one should opt in 11th and 12th for chartered accountant????
21st January 2020, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Which is the easiest course in commerce in 11 and12
27th January 2020, 07:10 PM
anshgoyal95

Post Re: Is maths compulsory to be a Chartered Accountant?

No maths is Not very compulsory For being a CA.
Basic Maths is Good enough.Dont take tension about Higher maths.Till 12 th in commerce subject you can opt Economics instead of Maths and after that as per my knowledge Maths doesn't play any lead role in being CA.Focus on other Subjects.
Thanks
7th March 2020, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying 10 th standard now,,I'm an above average student in mathematics ,is it a chance to do CA with out maths, whenever I complete my 12 th with mec group?
6th April 2020, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Is maths Compulsory for 11th and 12th std !?
I want to become a CA ! I just completed 10th std! So I should opt for Maths as a optional subject !?
13th April 2020, 11:50 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Math is not a compulsion.But on the upcoming stages of CA, there is some basic need of math.

--There is lots of account stuff which I think totally depend upon basics of math.

-- You have to pull up your socks and also take a few intrest in math too ,so that in the upcoming stages,you dont faced any trouble.
15th April 2020, 05:58 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Is maths compulsory to be a Chartered Accountant?

Is maths compulsory to be a Chartered Accountant :

Maths is not a compulsory subject for joining CA course.

If you don't have Mathematics subject in 12th then also you can apply for CA course. The student of any stream can join CA course so without Mathematics you are eligible to join CA course.

The knowledge of basic maths is very essential for problem solving theories in C.A foundation and accountancy
11th March 2021, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

i have taken basic math i class 10 and didn,t want to pursue maths in higher classes so by basic maths can i become CA or give ca exam
17th March 2021, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

No taking math is not compulsory
You have to good in accounts for ca course
Basically basic maths is needed in ca foundation
It can be passed by those also who don't have maths .
18th May 2021, 08:45 PM
Oneplus8T
Senior Member+

There is no mention of mathematics as a compulsory subject.

This means that students who haven't had mathematics subject are also eligible to pursue CA training.

Sure, mathematics doesn't play a crucial role in eligibility criteria.

But the subject sure is involved in the Proficiency Test and Final Level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?