25th October 2018, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor?

Hi, I am very weak in Chemistry but creamy in Physics and Biology. I am confused what I should do? I want to become a Doctor so its necessary for me to take Chemistry in 12th Science? Please tell me about this.

30th October 2018, 07:39 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor?

Yes, it necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor. To become a doctor, you must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology) as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.

After 12th, to become a doctor, You can go for following exams:
NEET
CPMT
AFMS
State PMT
30th October 2018, 08:33 AM
mayank1610

Post Re: Is it necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor?

You dont get individual subjects options in 12th. You will have to study Chemistry. Those who want to study medical has to chose the combination of PCB; being mathematics s as optional.
30th October 2018, 10:38 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor?

As per my knowledge, yes it is necessary to opt Chemistry in 12th Science to become a Doctor.

MINIMUM ELIGIBILTITY REQUIRED

1. First of all, the candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream.

2. The name of subjects required in 12th class is Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

3. The admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination so as per my suggestion you should appear in NEET.

4. The best course to become a doctor in your life is Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS).
31st October 2018, 09:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is mandatory to have Chemistry in 12th to appear for entrance examination to get admission in medical course.

The eligibility to get admission in the medical course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination varies with examination.
31st October 2018, 12:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to get admission in any medical course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The minimum required aggregate marks varies with examination.

So, it is compulsory to have Chemistry in 12th to get admission in the medical course. You are not eligible to get admission without chemistry.
31st October 2018, 03:49 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to become doctor without pursuing chemistry in 12th.

It is mandatory to have chemistry in 12th to appear in the examination for admission in medical courses.

So, if you are weak in Chemistry there is no issue you can overcome your weakness after regular practice and hard work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?