3rd December 2015, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

NET exam details to join as a lecturer in school or college?

I am master in commerce. I have completed in the year 1992. I would like to join the school/college as a lecturer. Please let me know when will be the exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Name of the entrance exam which I have to appear to join as a lecturer in government polytechnic college
  2. How to join as a lecturer in Polytechnic/Engineering College after completing MSc B.Ed in Maths?
  3. Can I be a lecturer in a government college if I score around 60% marks in NET exam? Procedure to join Government College?
  4. How to join as a lecturer in government college? I am studying M.E
  5. How to join as lecturer in a college after passing NET in June
  6. How to do teaching after BCA? I have completed BCA course from Kanpur University
  7. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  8. Which post graduation course I need to take after B.Com Computer Science to become a lecturer?
  9. How to join government engineering college as lecturer? I have completed M.E -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I appear for NET exam by studying in an open University? Procedure to attend the exam as well as details of lecturers who studied in open University and working as a lecturer in Karnataka?
  11. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?
  12. Can I become a teacher in school after completion of M.Com course?
  13. Can a person having having distance LLM degree join a law college as a lecturer or appear for NET/Ph.D?
  14. How to become a Lecturer in B.Ed. college at 40 years age?
  15. Procedure to become a computer teacher in government polytechnic institute?
  16. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  17. Is M.Com beneficial? What is scope of M.Com?
  18. Am I eligible to join the post of lecturer in government college?
4th December 2015, 07:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET exam details to join as a lecturer in school or college?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. UGC conducts National Eligibility Test for Junior Research and Fellowship and Lectureship.

This exam is conducted in June and December every year. Important dates for December NET 2015 is already over. You must wait for NET 2016 June exam.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 55% marks in it.

>>There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

For any more details and latest updates, you can visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
4th December 2015, 10:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am master in commerce. I have completed in the year 1992. I would like to join the school/college as a lecturer. Please let me know when will be the exam.
You have completed master degree in Commerce so you are eligible for UGC NET exam to become an assistant professor in government colleges.

If you have secured 55% marks in M.Com degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

There is no age criteria.
4th December 2015, 10:44 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for National Eligibility Test(NET)

A candidate must have to be citizen of India and they have to be undergraduate degree holder.

D and M.Phil degree holders are eligible to attain fellowship using NET exam score.

Application forms are available in the month of March every month.

This exam is conducted in three papers that is paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3.
4th December 2015, 11:22 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For school teaching job you need B.Ed qualification first along with your M.Com degree. For government job in schools as a PGT you need to qualify exams like TET or CTET.

If you want to become lecturer in colleges then you have to qualify UGC NET in commerce subject. Just make sure that you have got above 55% marks in your M.Com post graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?